WhatsApp can be a very handy tool when you want to chat to multiple friends at once.
But let’s say you’ve set up a group with three or more people and you realise you want to add someone else.
If you are an administrator of that group – which you will be automatically if you created it – you can add people to that existing group pretty easily.
Alternatively the original administrator can add other administrators by selecting them on the group page accessed by selecting the group name in the chat window.
Those admins can then add new group members to the fun and games as well.
Once you are an admin, adding members is simple. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go into Whatsapp.
- Tap the group in which you need to add members.
- Tap the area at the top of the chat, the section in which the group name appears.
- Scroll down and click the Add Participants option.
After that, you will be given two options. The first is to Invite to group via link, while the second option is to choose directly from your contact list the members you want to add.
If you select the second option, the person you tap on your contacts list will be automatically added to the group.
But if you pick the first option, if you click “invite to group via link”, you will be given multiple options:
- Send link via WhatsApp – the quickest option if they are using WhatsApp.
- Copy Link – to save the link or message it to them by pasting it on any platform (including whatsapp group links).
- Share link – to share it straight to an email app or social media.
- Revoke link – to render the link you’ve just created obsolete, meaning it can no longer be used, and create a new one instantly.
There you have it! Your humble WhatsApp group is now itching to become an empire.
The Facebook-owned messaging platform, ‘WhatsApp’ is one of the most popular social media applications across the globe. The app is consistently adding new features to enhance the user experience.
Know how to make WhatsApp Group invite link
The Facebook-owned messaging platform, ‘WhatsApp’ is one of the most popular social media applications across the globe. The app is consistently adding new features to enhance the user experience. Last week, it had introduced a new feature that will give more power to group administrators. With this new feature, the admins get an advantage over other group members when it comes to participation in the conversation. The new WhatsApp feature allows them to decide who can send messages to the group.
Group chats were introduced so that information can be transmitted to a maximum number of people in a single message. Going by the tradition, admins add new members to group chats individually. But, here is a trick using which new members can be added to the group by sharing WhatsApp group invite link.
This new link has to be created by the group admin but can be shared and spread by other members too, allowing a new individual to join the group.
Here is how to create and share the WhatsApp group invite link:-
(1) Click on the ‘WhatsApp messenger’ icon on your smartphone.
(2) Open the concerned group.
(3) Go to the three-dotted menu located at the top-right of the screen.
(4) Click on ‘Group info’.
(5) After opening ‘Group info’, go to ‘Invite via link’.
(6) Click on ‘Invite via link’.
(7) After clicking on ‘Invite via link’, one can see the options such as- link via WhatsApp, Copy link, Share link and Revoke link.
(8) Share this link with people you want to join the group.
(9) The users will automatically be added to the group once they click on this link.
The maximum limit for adding members in a ‘WhatsApp Group conversation’ is 256. To add more participants in the group, the admin should reduce the number of people in the group.
Meanwhile, in a separate development, the cross-platform messaging app is now available on JioPhone. For smooth access of the app, WhatsApp has built a new version of its messaging app for JioPhone to run on KaiOS operating system. WhatsApp is available for download in the JioPhone app store from September 10. The app will be rolled out to all JioPhone users by September 20.
Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.